Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Our days at Tara II


Path (frustrated, drumming her fingers on the table): Let’s quit, man. I hate this job… it sucks… sucks… SUCKS!!!

Sin (yawning): M feeling sleepy… shut the fuck up. (goes off to sleep!)

Path (nudging naggingly): arre listen na… y’know what? I have an idea!!

Sin: Ah! Really?? Half an hour later please…

Path: listen na listen na…. please please… pretty please!!!

Sin (now she is frustrated): What the fuck is wrong with you? Let me sleep no!

Path(sulking): Am hungry

Sin (wide awake): yeah! Me too!! (a twinkle appears in her eyes) What should we eat?

Path: I got Cream cracker biscuits

Sin: Shit…. I don wanna eat THAT!

Path: Ok listen na… Sin!

Sin(almost in tears): What Path? Why?

Path: I was thinking….

Sin: Oh no!! Again!?

Path: Shut up and listen na… (matter-of-factly) See… no point slaving for someone else ya, when we can lead a carefree life…

Sin (equally matter-of-factly): before you say anything else…. Lemme make this veeeeeeeeeeeery clear… We are sticking to this job for three more months…. Am not quitting before I complete one year, and neither are you… Now continue…

All hope goes off Path's face like the lights in Kolkata often do these days.

(Rinky chips in: I brought fish today) And the topic changes… spring is back in their lives….

The job takes the backseat again… Life moves on…

No comments: